Browser extension does not appear in Firefox

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I loaded Firefox, and the 1Password browser extension was not visible. I attempted to reload it. It shows in the extensions as being active, but it is not visible.

I have attached a screenshot showing the active extension, and also the top of the browser.

Weirdly, I discovered that clicking Cmd+. opens the 1P extension. So it is there and functional, but just the icon is missing.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.5
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jasimon9! 👋

Can you try seeing if the extension's icon just isn't pinned to your toolbar? Look here:

Click on the puzzle icon in your toolbar and then on the gear wheel next to 1Password. In the menu that appears click Pin to Toolbar.

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I did play around with that before, but did not see that on the pulldown on the gear, there is a choice "Pin to Toolbar". In fact that is what does the trick.

Between the last time I loaded Firefox and today, Firefox has updated in such as way as to reset to initial defaults. I don't know why that would be. Every update in the past preserved all the settings, including extensions, bookmarks, etc. Today I had to reinstall the 1P tension, as well as import all the bookmarks. And probably more settings that I might come across remain to be done. Fortunately I don't use Firefox very often.

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm glad to hear Dave could be of assistance. I'll hold my hand up and say that puzzle piece icon has gotten me on a few occasions.

This discussion has been closed.