Logging into a site issue

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Frequently I come across a problem when using 1P to enter a site.. You will notice that details about the site appear in a small box in the centre of the screen. Why does this happen and, worse, why does it not go away when I have signed into the site. The only way to get rid of it is by clicking the X in the top right hand corner.

As you can see from the example I have logged into the site but that square remains stuck in the middle until I force it to go. boring. This never happened before 8.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Andrew42,

Can you describe to me the steps you are taking to sign in to a website so I can better understand why the item is opening in a new window?

Are you using open and fill from your 1Password app or are you clicking on the small 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to fill?

Any detail would be really helpful, thank you!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I am using a Windows 10 PC with Edge. Both are the latest versions. The problem does not occur if I use the icon on my browser, (which I rarely do). The reason I don't use the icon in the browser is because it does not remember my set-up and defaults to "Suggestions" the next time I unlock 1P. This is not the case when I reopen the main app. I have the 1P icon on my task bar and find it easier to operate either that way or using a keyboard short cut to open 1P because it retains my last view.

The problem does not always occur and maybe happens when I click of the record in the side bar. But when it happens it doesn't matter whether I click on Open and Fill in the pop-up or in the main record, the pop-up does not go away unless and until I manually delete it.

• Hi @Andrew42,

It is expected behaviour if you double click on an item in the left side bar that it will open in a new window which is what I think may be happening here. Can you try a single click on it in the side bar and then use open and fill by clicking on the website URL and let me know if things work as expected?

As for 1Password in your browser not opening to suggestions, can you try the steps below and let me know if it improves things:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser tool bar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under General make sure 'Open 1Password to' is set to Suggestions.

I hope this helps!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. If this pop-up does open because I double click, why does it stay open when I click on Open and Fill in the pop-up? That, to me, makes no sense.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hey @Andrew42

This pop-up is similar to what we once called pin to screen. It will stay on the screen until it is dismissed. Using open and fill from this pop-up would open and fill the login. Most folks from pre 1Password 8 are used to the older behavior where a double-click in the middle column would open and fill. Now this works as pin to screen. If you want to open and fill from 1Password 8 please use the third column (details view) in 1Password 8. Click on the URL. Which should alleviate the pop-up.

This discussion has been closed.