iOS Safari Extension Not Allowing login

Options
more_cowbell
more_cowbell
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

All of a sudden the safari extension will not accept my password. What am I doing wrong? I’m running the latest test flight version, but also tried revert to public release by deleting beta and install the latest release! Both have the same issue.

This is on a iPad Pro. iPhone not experiencing the issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Strangely I also can’t login on 1Password.com from the same iPad Pro, yet I can from anywhere else I’ve tried. However I’m still able to login to the 1Password app on the same IPad. Even after forcing 2fa on next login.

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @more_cowbell

Just to check, can you unlock the main 1Password app on your iPad? If so, try this:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Switch to Safari. (⚠️ Don't swipe 1Password away from the App Switcher!)
    3. Tap the 🧩 extensions menu and turn 1Password off and back on.
    4. In the address bar, tap the 1Password icon and try unlocking it again.

If that doesn't work, check to see if you have Lockdown Mode turned on: Harden your iPad from a cyberattack with Lockdown Mode – Apple Support. Lockdown Mode severely limits certain functions of your iPad, so if it is turned on, try turning it off to see if that helps.

As for signing in to 1Password.com, have you had any success with another browser?

Give those things a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

Main app was unlock many times. That was very strange. Multiple things were not working correctly or very oddly.

After several attempts I got it working again. I deleted the app, cleared cache/history from safari and installed latest public again and things are working again.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@more_cowbell – Great! I'm glad to hear it's working as it should be now. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.