Certain passwords not showing up in iOS autofil shortcut, but are there in 1password app

Options
RobStirling
RobStirling
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

I have iOS password autofill working fine, but certain passwords in my vault just never show up in the iOS autofill 1Password screen.
I've check the public/private vaults, but that doesn't seem to be it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:certain passwords not showing up in iOS autofil shortcut, but are there in 1password app

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @RobStirling! 👋

I'm sorry that certain passwords aren't appearing when using Password AutoFill to fill into a website or another app. Are the passwords just not appearing as suggestions or do they also not appear when you manually search for them inside of the limited version of 1Password that appears when you tap on the key icon above your keyboard?

Can you also tell me if you're using 1Password 8 or an earlier version of 1Password?

-Dave

• RobStirling
    RobStirling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, passwords aren’t appearing in the limited version of the app, when I manually search. It’s happening across my iPad as well. I’m on 1Password 8 on all devices

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RobStirling

Thank you for the reply. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap on AutoFill.
    4. Tap on "Show filling suggestions from" and make sure that your entire 1Password account is selected rather then just a single collection.

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• RobStirling
    RobStirling
    Community Member
    Options

No change. I only had my whole org available, no collections. I have also had to upgrade today to the 10+ person paid tier, which is a painful bump in price, so I need this fixed before I look elsewhere.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RobStirling

Thank you for the reply. Can you double-check the following:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. Make sure that any other password manager (such as Keychain) is deselected.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If that still doesn't work then I'd like to dig into this deeper. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with the following information:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate it and send you further instructions. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17121

• RobStirling
    RobStirling
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, no change. 138224.

• snowy
    snowy
    Community Member
    Options

Oh this is the same issue as my posted topic. The suggestions no longer show. However 1Password 7 works using the same account and vaults. So it is related to something that changed 1P v8 recently

• Dave_1P
    Options

@snowy

Please continue the discussion in the other thread that you opened so that we don't have parallel conversations. 🙂

@RobStirling

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has sent you a response via email and I recommend that you continue the discussion there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: ZD-138224

This discussion has been closed.