1Password doesn't autofill on the new Max.com domain

HBO Max just switched to use https://max.com and https://auth.max.com/ during a login. On my Mac using either Chrome or Safari, the 1PW extension doesn't autofill and can't autofill from the toolbar icon.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006027)
Extension Version: 2.10.0 Chrome
OS Version: macOS 13.4 (22F66)
Browser:_ Chrome and Safari

Comments

• jesse717
    jesse717
    Community Member

Same issue on PC, autofill doesn't work on Edge for https://auth.max.com/login

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @netnothing @jesse717, I took a look at the website and was unable to save/fill a login. I have reported the issue to our developers. There is definitely something strange going on with how 1Password interacts with the login form. Hopefully there will be a fix for this in the future.

For now, I recommend copying/pasting or clicking/dragging your login info to the fields. This can be done via the extension or the app.

I hope that can help for now. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/core/core#22063

• Czech
    Czech
    Community Member

I'm having this issue, too. Very odd, because it does just look like a standard login form.

• forumusername
    forumusername
    Community Member

This is still not working after almost 2 months.

• @Czech, @forumusername,

I'm sorry for the disruption, I have added you as affected users to the internal issue for our development team to see.

Thank you for your patience.

• forumusername
    forumusername
    Community Member

Still not working after 6 months.

• Hi @forumusername,

Although I have no updates to share, rest assured that our team is still investigating and they hope to provide a fix in a future release.

• SamS
    SamS
    Community Member

Just tried this for the first time in several months. Still not working.

• Hi @SamS,

I apologize for the inconvenience here, as the team is still investigating. For now, dragging and dropping your credentials will be the best workaround. I appreciate your patience here.

• Czech
    Czech
    Community Member

I also have this issue. Totally aware that I can drag and drop or copy/paste my credentials, but it'd be nice to have them autofilled like everywhere else.

• @Czech

I'm sorry that the issue is affecting you as well, I've added you to the internal work item open for the issue. Our team is working on releasing a fix in a future version of 1Password in the browser.

-Dave

• dltacube
    dltacube
    Community Member

Add me to it as well. Is HBO blocking this somehow?

• Hello @dltacube, thanks for writing in. I've added you as an affected user to the known issue.

From what we can tell, this website uses some HTML elements called "Shadow DOM". Use of these elements allow one to keep the structure, style, and behaviour of certain sections on a webpage sort of 'hidden' from other sections.

Our development team is actively working on how to better handle this in the future. While we can't give an exact timeframe on a fix, any updates will be posted on our website if you are interested -> 1Password Releases.

I hope that helps!

-Evon

• inab
    inab
    Community Member

Same problem here on Max.

• Dawg
    Dawg
    Community Member

Same problem here on Max.

• @inab, @Dawg, I've added you as affected users to our internal report for our development team.

Thank you for sharing.

-Evon