martybrack
    Community Member

Thank you. [#RTX-37336-223]

• Thank you.

ref: RTX-37336-223

• OzMikado
    OzMikado
    Community Member

Still working with support to try and resolve this but no success so far. As others have mentioned here the disruption to workflow is leading me to consider moving away from 1Password as a platform.

• scoggins
    scoggins
    Community Member

I'm also having this issue too. I was having an issue where if I use Firefox plugin to fill in a password on desktop 3, it would snap back to desktop 1 (safari). But after the latest update 8.10.1 if I have the 1password main window open on Desktop 1, every 5-10 minutes my focus will be taken by 1password. If I close the main 1password window it seems to stop stealing focus.

• Hey @scoggins,

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If you are still running into issues I think it would be useful if we could also take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• mattsuhmd
    mattsuhmd
    Community Member

1Password 8.10.4 on Mac
    Ventura 13.2.1
    1Password stole the focus 4 times while typing these three lines

• steph.giles
    edited April 2023

Hi @mattsuhmd,

I'm sorry for the disruption, this behaviour doesn't sound right.

Can you also follow the steps above to send some further information over to the team so we can try to get to the bottom of things?

Thank you!

• dragon1
    dragon1
    Community Member

And same for me. 1PW for macOS 8.10.4 and Ventura 13.3.1 - still stealing focus and other errors...

• dragon1
    dragon1
    Community Member

[#FDU-42483-631]

Thx

• I'm sorry for the trouble @dragon1, let's continue troubleshooting over email.

ref: FDU-42483-631

• jasonbuscema
    jasonbuscema
    Community Member

I've got the same focus issue, but it just started today after upgrading to Ventura 13.3.1. I am running 1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032). I cannot quit the 1Password app either. I am using Chrome and have not tried Safari.

• Hi @jasonbuscema,

Are you also able to reproduce the behaviour and send over some diagnostics from your device:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here and we can begin to troubleshoot further over email. Thanks!

• carter3d
    carter3d
    Community Member
    edited May 2023

Installed the Apple Rapid Security Response Update (Ventura 13.3.1 (a)) and now 1Password misbehaving. Using Chrome (Version 113.0.5672.63 (Official Build) (arm64)) and 1P extension (2.10.0), I can't just click on the 1P icon in a form, enter my master pw, and then have 1P enter credentials. I have to click on extension icon in Chrome and enter creds there AND open the main 1P app and enter creds there too. And after doing this, 1P steals the focus for just about any app I try to use (Outlook, Chrome, Slack, etc.). When I click on other apps work in them, the menu bar briefly changes to that app and then immediately reverts back to 1Password. Only resolution is completely closing 1P, and even that is behaving differently - doesn't want to close.
    I saw another post where someone is reporting something similar, but their post is focused on Safari. I don't believe I had a 1P update, but did just install the Rapid Security Response update from Apple. Seemed to work great before that.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
    Extension Version: 2.10.0
    OS Version: 13.3.1 (a)
    Browser:_ Chrome

• tftio
    tftio
    Community Member
    edited May 2023

Also happening here, and it's driving me bonkers. I also do not seem to be able to quit the 1Password application, either -- if I quit (via Cmd-Q, or by choosing "Quit" from the menu bar), the titlebar momentarily switches to the next app in the stack before flashing back to 1Password (although the main window doesn't open).

macOS 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)
    Apple M1 Max
    1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032)

ETA: [#JCP-44546-363]

This is also happening in Chrome, I've just noticed.

• fanglord
    fanglord
    Community Member

I see the same problem.

Intel MacMini 2018
    Ventura 13.4
    Sophos Home AV
    1Password 8.10.6
    My user folder is on an external drive

I would love to help fix this problem. It's very very very annoying, and it's affecting my productivity.

• Hey @carter3d, @fanglord,

If you are still running into this can you please send over the details as requested by David here so we can help to get things working as they should be.

Thank you!

• carter3d
    carter3d
    Community Member

The issue has stopped occurring for me. Not sure why - maybe an update to 1P, Chrome, or something else, but I don't see it any more.

• Thanks for the update @carter3d, I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you.

• jmesterh
    jmesterh
    Community Member

Ticket: [#YTQ-49312-661]

This has happened to me in the past, and it started again today. I think the cause (in my case) is from a failed application update. If I open 1Password there is the notification "1Password will update when you restart the app", with two buttons "Later" and "Restart Now". Clicking "Restart Now" does nothing and in Console.app for 1Password process I get the following error:

Non-fatal error enumerating at , continuing: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Extensions” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSURL=Extensions/ -- file:///Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Group%20Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application%20Support/1Password/Update/Downloads/1Password-8.10.7-aarch64/1Password.app/Contents/, NSFilePath=/Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Update/Downloads/1Password-8.10.7-aarch64/1Password.app/Contents/Extensions, NSUnderlyingError=0x11f822760 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}

and some application entitlement errors complaining about

invalid application signature or incorrect provisioning profile

Restarting 1Password doesn't help.

To resolve:
    1. Close 1Password
    2. Open the "Activity Monitor" app and kill the "1Password Launcher" process
    3. Open 1Password, this time (hopefully) the update notification will be replaced with a "Check for updates" button
    4. Click "Check for Updates" and the button changes to "Restart Now"
    5. Click "Restart Now"

1Password should actually close, update & restart, and stop stealing focus every time it tries to auto-update.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jmesterh, we really appreciate the insight and details. We'll keep that in mind when we come across this issue with other users once again.

• danshier
    danshier
    Community Member

I'm on 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041) Production Channel and randomly waking up today to having this issue. I think the only thing different today vs yesterday is that I restarted my computer and started fresh today.

I'm gonna review the troubleshooting tips others have mentioned above, but thought I'd just put it out there to say I've got the problem.

• danshier
    danshier
    Community Member

@danshier - further to that, I didn't have any further updates to make on 1Password, but I did run an update to macOS Monterey from 12.6.5 to 12.6.6 and... for whatever reason, that may have solved the issue. So far no issues... 🤞

• LeftHalf
    LeftHalf
    Community Member

1Password now jumps to front of screen on my Mac at all times. Really annoying. Think started happening after latest update to operating system on my Mac. Ventura 13.4 Any suggestions ? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: MacOS 13.4
    Browser:_ Safari

• Hey @danshier, @LeftHalf,

I'm sorry for the trouble, if the workarounds shared above don't help can you please send over the following so we can investigate further:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread. Thank you!

• LeftHalf
    LeftHalf
    Community Member

PS. Have also now sent a diagnostic Report. [ Version 6 keeps loading !!] Thanks

• LeftHalf
    LeftHalf
    Community Member

REPLY. Sorry !! Could only save as .TXT File and would not upload. Part 2 to follow !!

[Warning] 22:42:30.881670 console messages are not shown.
    [Info] 22:29:30.342📤 Sending message to native core <438847695> (background.js, line 2)
    [Warning] 22:29:40.342⏳ Timeout waiting for response to from native core <438847695> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:08.808💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:08.808📤 Sending message to native core <2116704853> (background.js, line 2)
    [Warning] 22:30:18.810⏳ Timeout waiting for response to from native core <2116704853> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:39.828💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:39.828📤 Sending message to native core <192156

• LeftHalf
    LeftHalf
    Community Member

SOLVED PROBLEM BY SIMPLY DELETING OLDER VERSION 6 WHICH WAS CAUSING ALL THE PROBLEMS. THANKS ALL

• Hey @LeftHalf :

Thank you so much for the update. I'm glad to hear that removing 1Password 6 resolved the issue. 🙂

• Alvin
  • LeftHalf
    LeftHalf
    Community Member

REPLY. Sorry !! Could only save as .TXT File and would not upload. Part 2 to follow !!

[Warning] 22:42:30.881670 console messages are not shown.
    [Info] 22:29:30.342📤 Sending message to native core <438847695> (background.js, line 2)
    [Warning] 22:29:40.342⏳ Timeout waiting for response to from native core <438847695> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:08.808💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:08.808📤 Sending message to native core <2116704853> (background.js, line 2)
    [Warning] 22:30:18.810⏳ Timeout waiting for response to from native core <2116704853> (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:39.828💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password (background.js, line 2)
    [Info] 22:30:39.828📤 Sending message to native core <192156

• Thanks @LeftHalf, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.