How to get fingerprint scanning to work with Chrome Canary?

GregTa
GregTa
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

My two go-to browsers for Web development are Brave and Chrome Canary. Brave allows me to use the fingerprint scanner to log into 1Password, but Chrome Canary only ever uses the password. Is there a way to get Chrome Canary to use the fingerprint scanner?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.5 (70905002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: MacOS 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome Canary
Referrer: forum-search:canary fingerprint

Comments

• Hey @GregTa,

I'm so sorry that we are only just getting back to you.

I see that you are using 1Password 7, is this correct?

If so, I recommend updating to 1Password 8 before we go any further and then we can continue to troubleshoot to get things working in Chrome Canary.

• GregTa
    GregTa
    Community Member

OK. Done.

1Password is now: 1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006027)
    Chrome Canary is now: Version 115.0.5790.0 (Official Build) canary (x86_64)

Chrome Canary is still offering only the password option, not the fingerprint option.

• @GregTa Thanks for getting back to me.

Let's start by checking that the proper setting is enabled in the browser extension installed in Chrome Canary with the following steps:
    1. Right click the 1Password icon in Canary's toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. In the General section, make sure "Integrate with 1Password app" is toggled on.

Let me know how it goes.

• GregTa
    GregTa
    Community Member

Thanks. I am not sure what happened in the intervening time, but I am now being prompted for a fingerprint. This was before doing the steps you mention, Chris. For the record, I see nothing about "integrate with 1Password app" in the settings, there was an on-off toggle in the extensions for 1Password and that was set to on.

In any event, thanks for the help. I am happy to have this available to me now.

• Thanks for the update @GregTa, I'm glad things are back on track.

I hope things are smooth sailing from here on but please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.