To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

"Password" category filter not working

Options
TOWS
TOWS
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Memberships

Hello! I am really enjoying my trial with 1Password and I really love what you have done with the look and feel of it. I just adore the aesthetics and it's so nice and easy to use too. I also love all the incredible features and hidden tools which I seem to discover every day!

OK, now for the issue. I used the "Password" category to create an entry for just a password. A while later I used the filter option to find this entry by going to filters and choosing "Passwords" nothing showed up in the results. I then put the filter to "All Categories" and I found it. I created another entry called "test" just to see what would happen and neither this, nor the original item show up in the category. The only filters they show in are "All Categories" and "Logins" All other categories and filters work as expected.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Firefox 111.0.1

Comments

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies, I just realised this is in the wrong section!

• Leah1P
    Options

All good! To clarify, Password items are used when you only want to store a password for something. It's different than a Login item as it doesn't contain a username. Some examples would be storing the passcode for your phone or garage door.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

Items in the password category get automatically converted to login category, if you add a username.

• @TOWS,

The above is also correct in that if you were to add a username to a password item, it is automatically converted to a login item - this sounds like it may be what is occurring for the password item(s) you mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.