Failed to open the GUI in Nightly

Options
pan93412
pan93412
Community Member

The 1Password window can't be rendered properly in Nightly revision 81007023. Besides, no SSH authorization window showed up when attempting to access the SSH key, and thus produced the “agent refused operation” error.

Note that I have rebooted my machine and restarted 1Password for numerous times. I also have checked my firewalls and network configuration and neither proxy nor 1Password-related firewall rules are set.

Extension

extensions shows blank page

Quick Access

quick access shows blank UI

Window (no window shown)

no window is shown

Log

The full log can be seen at https://gist.github.com/pan93412/5484ce7f8776da31ed63a0bba05455de.

Logs with only ERRORs:

ERROR 2023-05-20T06:27:30.743 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:/Users/builder/builds/TV8RnrwU/0/dev/core/core/ssh/op-agent-controller/src/desktop.rs:447] PathNotFoundERROR 2023-05-20T06:28:57.854 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(6)) [1P:foundation/op-proxy/src/apple.rs:302] failed to perform PAC setup (PacDownloadTerminated(failed to download PAC script: 無法完成作業。(NSURLErrorDomain錯誤-1003 。))), the proxy will be unavailable
ERROR 2023-05-20T06:28:57.866 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-native-core-integration/src/connection_handler.rs:37] Dropping connection with b5x due to error handling outgoing message: EndConnection

1Password Version: Nightly (rev. 81007023)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser: Arc 0.14.0 (38955)

Comments

• pan93412
    pan93412
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I have experimented that it only happened in the latest 1Password Nightly. The UI works after degrading to “Production” with these steps. Note that Beta channel does not affect by this issue.

It is pretty a critical issue and hope 1Password team can fix it asap!

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

The latest nightly 8.10.7-23 is completely inoperable on my machine. After installing and restarting the app, neither the extension nor the main app Window will open. The 1Password app menu is there but no windows are accessible.

To recover from this state, I had to delete 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password from ~/Library/Group Containers, re-install the production version from the website and re-setup my account. I could then update to the latest BETA, but updating again to the latest NIGHTLY brought back the non-opening windows.

1Password Version: 8.10.7-23 NIGHTLY
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 13.4
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

On Windows, the window opens but is blank, same for quick access.

• ddr1P
    ddr1P
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue: the main app window doesn't open and all items in the 1Password Menu are not displayed.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Same for me on Windows. When the desktop app opens, it just displays a blank window. I can terminate it from the system tray (the system tray works), but the main app simply contains nothing.
    Edit: it's version 8.10.7.24 that's not operable, visible in the file details of the installer exe.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hey folks,

The team is investigating. Can you try changing your update channel to beta? * Please do this if you are successful in opening 1Password with the beta. Does that help?

Mac: https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password Beta.zip

Windows: https://downloads.1password.com/win/1PasswordSetup-latest.BETA.exe

ref: dev/core/core#22016

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

The beta works.

Then it downloads the nightly again, installs it, and it doesn't work any more ;) Have to change back the update channel and ignore the update offer.

The last Nightly that did work for me is 8.10.7.22. Not working is .23 and .24.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Hey @Tertius3

Yes, please ignore any prompts to update until the team can determine the trouble.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

The beta works (I did not have to delete any files but I did have to kill the 1Password process before I could throw the app file into the trash).

Beta:
    1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007011)

macOS 13.5 Beta (22G5027e)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy,

Thanks for the quick response.

I look forward to the fix to the nightly channel.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

New lightly 1Password for Windows 8.10.7 (81007026) works for me fine.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Hey folks,

Mac is still under investigation. Windows is indeed working again. Linux should be working as well.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Hey folks,

With it being this late in the day, my hopes for a resolution on the Mac side are dissipating. My best guess is the team will need to work with this more next week. Looks like some of us (Mac folks) will be on the beta for the weekend. Apologies for the trouble.

• ddr1P
    ddr1P
    Community Member
    Options

After deinstalling 1P, reinstalling the beta and insuring the updates are "beta" and no more nightly, everything is apparently working correctly for me.
    1P version is 81007011 (canal BETA)
    MacOS is 13.4 (22F66)

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like the new nightly version is working:

1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007029)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Not here. Moved back to Nightlies, grabbed 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007029).

"A Javascript error occurred in main process"

Uncaught Exception:
    Error: dlopen(/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node, 1): Symbol not found: _$s10Foundation11JSONDecoderC6decode_4fromxxm_AA4DataVtKSeRzlFTj
    Referenced from: /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/index.node (which was built for Mac OS X 13.0)
    Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation

at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1822)
    at Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1326:18)
    at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2049)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1096:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:937:12)
    at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13330)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:103:18)
    at 361 (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:44637)
    at n (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1:149553)

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007030) is working ok for me again now.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@cjbulow

Do you experience that behavior with the beta?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@snozdop et al.

Correct the nightly should be working for folks again. If you'd like you can return to using the nightly.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy Nope; tried the nightly, got that error, reverted to the beta channel (and latest release there) and all stays calm.

Mac OS BigSur 11.7.7

• ag_tommy
    Options

@cjbulow

Thanks I'll ping someone on the team to look at this further. Would you mind emailing us at support@1password.com so we can get a direct dialogue going and connect the dots if needed. If you'd be so kind as to include the error you saw above in the message? That's if I don't get to your message before my colleagues.

Include the URL https://1password.community/discussion/comment/686742#Comment_686742 and your username cjbulow

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@cjbulow It seems your issue with the JavaScript error is a different one to the empty or non-appearing app windows others have experienced in this thread, so probably a different resolution is required.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

@snozdop The same problem occurred as others posted hereabouts, the same reverting to beta solution was used until today. An attempt to use the latest nightly NOW gives this error. Not before.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy And done; thanks man.

• ddr1P
    ddr1P
    Community Member
    Options

I switched back to nightly. Didn't get any problem.
    Thanks for fixing the issue.
    macOS: 13.4 (22F66)
    1Password : 81007031, canal NIGHTLY

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cjbulow

Thank you for sending in the email, please continue the conversation with Tommy there.

ref: ITP-12474-977

@ddr1P

I'm happy that everything is working for you now. 🙂

-Dave

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

The issue reported by @cjbulow should be resolved in the latest nightly. (32)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy the previous error hasn’t come back and I’m now running Nightly 32 successfully. Thanks to everyone for getting this fixed so quickly.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cjbulow

Thank you for the update, I'm glad that all is well now. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.