Assumptions:

• Associated with 2 separate accounts
  • 1st account is unlocked
  • 2nd account is locked

Repro:
1. Click Chrome extension
2. Click All Accounts
3. Click the locked account to open 1Password
4. Textbox focus is on the Search bar for the unlocked account and not the password textbox for authenticating with the locked account

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 10 22H2 (19045.2604)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mwongj thanks for reaching out. I followed the steps that you shared but could not reproduce the behavior. If the extension is connected to the app, then clicking on the locked account will open the 1Password app. From there, a prompt for your Account Password appears. The prompt is associated with the locked account.

If the extension is not connected to the app, then clicking on the locked account will open to our web portal. From there, you would have to enter your Account Password. The page only asks for the Account Password of the locked account.

I did notice that you are using an outdated version of the 1Password 8 for Windows app. If your extension is connected to the app, then that could cause an issue.

This is the latest stable version of the app: https://releases.1password.com/windows/8.10/. Could you update your app to see if that helps?

• mwongj
    mwongj
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P I've captured a gif that reproduces the issue, however, it contains sensitive information. Is there a way to share this privately?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up @mwongj! You can attach the gif to an email and send it to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.