Quick Access Search Bug

Options
mcdoogs
mcdoogs
Community Member

I just updated to version 8.10.4 and immediately noticed an issue with the quick access search feature. When I search for something, the expected search results appear for about half a second, then are replaced by unexpected (but consistent, by search term) results for about one second, then they revert back to the expected results. It's very strange; and means that I type in a search term, see the result I expect, try to copy the username, only for it to switch to the wrong entry and incorrect data gets copied. I have to wait a few seconds for it to cycle through the incorrect results before I can reliably copy what I want.
It's hard to explain, so I uploaded a gif as well.
I'm on X11/X.Org v21.1.8, desktop environment is KDE Plasma 5.27.4.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux, Kernel 6.2.10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @mcdoogs! It sounds as if you're running into a known issue with Quick Access search at the moment, and I've been able to reproduce this issue on my end as well. I've added the details of your case to the issue we have on file to aid our developers in their investigation.

You can keep an eye on our release notes here for news on any upcoming bug fixes: 1Password Releases - Linux

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us! 😄

ref: dev/core/core#20695

• mcdoogs
    mcdoogs
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to the 8.10.7-11 beta, and can confirm that this is now fixed for me. Thanks!

• Hi @mcdoogs,

On behalf of my colleague, you're most welcome. I'm glad to hear the latest beta fixed the issue!

Franky

This discussion has been closed.