Connect with CLI without windows hello while Desktop App is unlocked?

Options
mueller
mueller
Community Member

Hi everyone,
Maybe this is a naive question and this is not allowed for security reasons, but is it possible to configure the CLI and the 1password desktop app on Windows 10 in a way that while the desktop App is unlocked I can use the CLI to access my passwords without having to put my password for windows hello everytime?

Looking forward to your answers!
Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mueller , normally you should be able to just authenticate once with windows hello to the 1Password CLI, and the authentication should remain valid inside the same shell session, until it expires (a.k.a. you shouldn't have to re-use your pin/biometrics every time you call the cli). Are you experiencing this repetitive behaviour while in the same terminal session for calls which happen right one after the other?

• MatthewC
    MatthewC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have a similar/follow on question.

Windows Hello is not enabled on this laptop (corporate policy) - but SSO is, so I can't enter a username/password manual configuration of the CLI. It seems the SSO CLI login requires the Windows Hello integration.

Is it possible to use the CLI with SSO authentication, without Windows Hello?

• Hello @MatthewC,

Unfortunately it's not currently possible, see here: https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/app-integration

This is something we are hoping to add support for in the future, stay tuned!

Amanda

This discussion has been closed.