Prevent "op run" to buffer the output or at least do only line buffering

ecerulm
ecerulm
Community Member

When I run a long running program that output slowly like "op run -- dbt run", "op run" seems to buffer the output so I don't see the actual output until the buffer if full or the command completes. dbt run will output very slowly (one line when each database query is finished, which usually takes minutes).

That means that I'm "blind" during the whole execution of my command until the very end.

I've tried to use "stdbuf -oL -eL op run -- dbt run" and "stdbuf -oL -eL op run -- sbtdbuf -oL -eL dbt run" but that doesn't work either.

Is there anyway to prevent op run from buffering or at the very least do only line buffering?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.16.1
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• crazystick
    crazystick
    Community Member

If you use op run --no-masking -- cmd then you will see the output. Anyone from 1Password advise if there's any way to keep the masking functionality but still output lines to stdout as they are printed?

• Hey both, indeed, the --no-masking flag should do the trick for now, as a stopgap.

We'll let you know when we have updates to share, as we're tracking this issue internally.

Best,
    Horia

This discussion has been closed.