SSH agent problem with Vorta for Borg Backup (macOS)

Options
krbr
krbr
Community Member
edited May 2023 in SSH

Since introducing the new SSH prompt, Vorta for Borg Backup no longer asks for access (i.e. the SSH prompt doesn't show and backing up fails) if the window is closed and running in the background. It does work if the window is opened. Edit: The prompt only shows if starting a backup manually, it does not appear when a scheduled backup starts, regardless of the window being opened or closed.

The log file says:

2023-05-10 10:20:02,245 - vorta.borg.borg_job - WARNING - Remote: sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed for ED25519 "/Users/kris/.ssh/vortakey" from agent: communication with agent failed

I'm running Vorta 0.8.11 (using Borg 1.2.4) and 1Password 8.10.6 (81006027) on Ventura 13.3.1 (a).

1Password Version: 8.10.6 (81006027)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1 (a)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @krbr!

I suspect that what you're experiencing is expected behavior. The 1Password app will now queue SSH authorization prompts that are coming from applications that are not in focus. You can bring these prompts back by clicking on the 1password menubar icon and clicking on "SSH request waiting".

More details about this feature: https://developer.1password.com/docs/ssh/agent/security/#suppressing-background-requests

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Márton

• krbr
    krbr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer, I see how it's working as intended, I just hadn't noticed the menu bar item notification dot until now... 😅

• That is really useful feedback. Thanks for posting about it!

This discussion has been closed.