how to stop popup for sign-in provider when already logged in?

Options
mzehner
mzehner
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I don't understand why I keep getting presented with a "Sign in with..." popup when I'm on a corporate Sharepoint / Office 365 browser app and I'm already signed in. See attached picture. The fact that my profile picture is visible behind the popup indicates that I am already signed in. Why does 1P think I still need to be signed in?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.7 (81007011)
Extension Version: 21100100, on BETA channel
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise, version 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:"sign in with"

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mzehner, that is certainly not how things are supposed to work. Could you share the exact URL of where this is happening with us?

• mzehner
    mzehner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Joy,

Sure, see example below. I hope it's OK to obfuscate the corporate identifiers. If you need the everything, I could share it privately. Thanks for taking a look!

https://[corporateMSaccountName]-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/personal/[user_corporate_email]/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc=%7[hexValues]}&file=[filename].[fileExtension]&action=default&mobileredirect=true

Let me know if you need more info or other examples. Thanks!

Matt

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for sharing this.

I can confirm we do have an open issue internally regarding this notification showing after you've already signed in with a provider stored in 1Password. I've gone ahead and added your case as an affected user to our internal report. I apologize for any disruption in your workflow caused by this, and I'm hopeful we will see some improvement on that soon.

Let us know if we can assist further at this stage.

ref: dev/core/core#18768

• mzehner
    mzehner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph, thanks for the update! Glad it's being looked at. Look forward to hearing more.

Matt

• You're welcome @mzehner, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

• lyndelk
    lyndelk
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am also having this problem for the past few weeks, on a Mac running OS Ventura 13.6.1, 1Password for Mac 8.10.20 and Chrome Version 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) (arm64).
    Clicking on the 'x' to close the window doesn't work, nor does clicking on the 'sign in' button.
    Annoyingly, the popup obscures content and can't be closed or moved.
    How do I remove or report it, please, @steph.giles ?

• Hey @lyndelk,

Can you let me know if you are having this trouble on a specific site?

In addition, you can disable the 'Sign in with' prompt using these steps:

1. Open your browser, right click the 1Password icon in the toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under the Autofill section, toggle off 'Log in automatically using a sign in with provider' and 'Offer to save new provider sign ins'
  • lyndelk
    lyndelk
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

It's only happening on my work OneDrive site, via Chrome. The steps above worked, thank you! @steph.giles

• @lyndelk

I'm happy that the steps helped resolve the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey there @bitblade, thank you for reaching out. Just to note, I deleted one of the replies you posted because it was a duplicate.

At this stage, we don't have an update to share regarding this issue. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, and I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, I suggest turning off the Social Sign-On prompt by disabling the "sign-in with" options in the 1Password extension:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the Autofill & save section, turn off "Log in automatically using a "sign-in with" provider" and "Offer to save "sign-in with" logins".

I hope that helps.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#19465