1Password is freezing when using Password AutoFill to fill into another app or website

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator
edited May 2023 in iOS

This latest beta is freezing while trying to open / unlock. I have the same routine for a certain app on my iPad, and only since this update is this now failing.

I select an email field to get 1Password to open (where I then search for the login entry, in order to auto-fill). But 1Password now freezes, and I have to force quit the app, and use manual copy / paste. This is 100% reproducible.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.4.1 (a)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Community Member
    Options

AutoFill no longer works for me since 1Password TestFlight update version 8.10.7

I’ve tried different websites and different browsers - broken.

I’ve rebooted my iPhone - still broken.

I’ve turned AutoFill off and on again in 1Password and in iOS Settings - still broken.

Focus is taken away from the browser, as if 1Password is loading, but it freezes and nothing happens.

Sometimes I’ll actually see 1Password open for AutoFill, but it will then get stuck unlocking.

Opening 1Password itself directly is fine - only the AutoFill is broken.

iPhone 14 Pro Max
    iOS 16.4.1(a)

iOS Browsers:
    Safari
    DuckDuckGo v7.73.0

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member
    Options

When I press the Password button to bring up 1Password in a browser, I get the Face ID screen but then the browser hangs. Tried a few times with different sites and browsers. Same behavior so it would appear to be a 1Password bug in the most recent beta.

Anyone else?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing similar behaviour, though the app that's requiring password input will respond if you switch away from it and back. Killing the 1Password app doesn't fix the problem.

• chuckfromcle
    chuckfromcle
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. And I’ve noticed it’s not just in the browser—also freezes in apps (eg Southwest).

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issue and I'm sorry that 1Password is freezing when you try to fill your login information into another app or website. To help our developers investigate the issue, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Dave_1P

BitBot #DQQ-34263-672

FYI: the instructions link above for Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS) contains a link for Step 1 (tap here to create a diagnostics report), which will try to open 1Password 7 (if it is still installed).

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I’ve sent diagnostic report #YAN-91195-578

• Dave_1P
    Options

@MrC and @viswiz

Thank you both for posting the Support IDs. I see that both of your tickets made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostic reports and reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: YAN-91195-578
    ref: DQQ-34263-672

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

I was about to report the same when I found this thread 😁
    Just sent the diag report. BitBot ID is [#HBA-59511-999]

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

From my support reply:

The good news is that the issue has been identified by our developers and a fix is on the way. In the meantime you can try force quitting 1Password and re-opening it to see if this unsticks the frozen autofill interface, failing that a device reboot may work.

Force quitting does not help. Rebooting does not help. We'll just have to wait for the fix.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you everyone for sending in the diagnostic reports. We've opened an internal work item for the issue and our developers are investigating, we hope to release a fix in a future update to 1Password for iOS.

@MrC

Thank you for the feedback. I'll let my colleague know that the workaround didn't work for you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21832

• Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

A new TestFlight build for 8.10.7 was released earlier today, and since installing it appears that AutoFill is working again (despite not being mentioned in the changelog).

• poconi
    poconi
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Chrome freezes when trying to launch password autofill from 1password.
    Tested and verified, it freezes 100% of the time!
    The only way to fix it is to manually copy and paste from 1password!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• poconi
    poconi
    Community Member
    Options

It's not just Chrome.
    All auto-typing with 1password app freezes!

• Dave_1P
    Options

Our developers are investigating the issue and hope to release a fix as soon as possible. Until the issue is resolved with a new update to the beta version, you can switch to using the production version of 1Password for iOS: To stop using the beta

I'm sorry for the trouble and inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21832

This discussion has been closed.