Despite logging into the desktop app the password must be entered in the browser

Options
1PassMicha
1PassMicha
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Good day,

ever since I set up 1Password to unlock the desktop app on Windows 11 Pro with the Windows Hello pin a few days ago, I have to enter the password in a browser every time I launch it! For me as a power user, this is impractical. Because I use at least 3 browsers (Firefox, Brave, Edge, Chrome) at the same time.

What is the reason & how can I solve the problem so that I am also logged in to the browsers after logging in to the desktop app?

Windows 11 Pro & Browser and 1Password Browser Extensions are up-to-date. I may have overlooked something in the settings or similar (?)

Greetings from Berlin... :)

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
Browser: Firefox, Brave, Edge, Chrome

Comments

• Hi @1PassMicha , thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry that you're encountering issues with app integration. Can you try the following steps to reset app integration and see if it helps to resolve things:

First, let's ensure that the 1Password app is set to connect with 1Password in the browser.

1. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose "Settings".
    3. Click Browser in the sidebar and make sure “Connect with 1Password in the browser” is turned on.

Next, let's reset app integration:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings".
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit the 1Password desktop app and your browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password desktop app and then open your browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings" again.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

If that doesn't work, then I'd like to ask if you can reproduce the issue and send over some diagnostics from your device:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com and include your username and a link to this thread .

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. We can then continue to assist you further over email.

I look forward to hearing from you!

• 1PassMicha
    1PassMicha
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@david.m_1P 

thanks for your answer, as soon as I have time I will try your suggestions.

The problem started appearing after I enabled 1Password with TPM support. I use 1Password with Windows Hello & activated TPM 2.0 integration. I also activated "Connect to 1Password in the browser" in the settings. 

Before that I used 1Password with Windows Hello without TPM in 1Password & I didn't have the problem!

• 1PassMicha
    1PassMicha
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@david.m_1P

unfortunately, your tips did not help & I emailed support@1password.com with diagnostic data. When the problem is solved, I will report back here shortly.

I wish a nice evening ... :)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1PassMicha, we have received your email and have sent you a reply. We look forward to working with you via email on this.

ref: JQT-23438-997

• 1PassMicha
    1PassMicha
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening,

i have excellent news:

I have completely uninstalled 1Password with "BCUninstaller" https://www.bcuninstaller.com incl. the registry settings & then reinstalled again.

Now everything works wonderfully & after I unlocked 1Password with my Windows Hello Pin, 1Password is also unlocked in all my 4 browsers!

That's exactly how I wanted it & the problem is hereby completely solved. I am very happy about that!

1PassMicha ... :)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1PassMicha it is great to hear that things are working well now. Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.