Setting up business/personal vaults

Options
GIacona
GIacona
Community Member

Hey All,

I'm still learning the in's out if this great software, but I have a few questions.

For login tags, is that something I would create/name on my own, or is there a list to choose from? For example, delta airlines in my opinion should be called airlines, but I am only seeing starter kit and travel available.

I also use multiple web browsers (Firefox, Chrome & Edge). Is there a way to sync my login Id's and passwords that are already set in one browser with the others? I'm going to take a whim here and think it should be as easy as getting the web browser plugins for the browsers that I have not installed them on yet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since there is no limitation on the number of PC's I can use 1 password on, what is the advice for using this on a work PC? For my work password information, would it be best to create and use a separate vault, so it does not combine with my personal?

I'd also would like the ability to be able to get into my personal log in's in addition to my business/work log in's as seamless as possible. I am thinking it may be as simple as installing the desktop app on my work laptop. I just want to ensure that business/personal can remain separate.

Appreciate any help on this matter

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @GIacona

For login tags, is that something I would create/name on my own, or is there a list to choose from?

You can enter anything you like for tags – how you name them is entirely up to you. :)

Organize with favorites and tags

Is there a way to sync my login Id's and passwords that are already set in one browser with the others?

Yep! Make sure you've installed 1Password's browser extension in each browser from here and you'll be signed in automatically to each one. You don't need to do anything specific to sync them together.

Since there is no limitation on the number of PC's I can use 1 password on, what is the advice for using this on a work PC?

Again, this is really up to you. It'll also depend on any particular guidance from your IT department. Some companies won't allow you to install desktop software, so you can use 1Password in your browser (via the extension) if that's the case, but sometimes even those are locked down. Check what policies exist where you work for "how much" you can install.

In terms of separation of personal and work vaults, this is something our customers tell us they do as an easy way to scope only the items they want. However, that's not the only way. You could just keep everything in one vault and tag some items as work. It might take some experimentation to find out what suits you best.

I hope that helps with your questions, but I'll be here if you need anything. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.