Bug in Autifill Behavior when more than one website used?

Options
jpdied
jpdied
Community Member

I have an entry that has more than one website associated with it; its one of those there is a main website but the devices on your local net can be accessed directly and still use credentials from the cloud (there is no SSO page). I have an internal DNS for my network with multiple devices which some are not part of the same product; as such when I place the website for the internal (eg. mydevice.myhome.com) I set it to fill for that exact device. This works fine for the entries that only have the one website; the one that has two websites however, autofill continues to suggest from all my internal domains (*.myhome.com). It appears because the main website is set to the normal behavior, it causes the 2nd site (my internal domain) to also go back to that behavior.

I tested by setting both websites to just the exact site and the issue goes away. So its an issue with two (or more) websites with conflicting options it seems even though the tooltip provides the expected behavior.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 10 (22H2)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• jpdied
    jpdied
    Community Member
    Options

I have 2 entries in 1Password, App1 and App2. App1 has the website app1.contoso.com and is set to only fill the exact domain. App2 has two websites, app2.contoso.com, which is set to only fill the exact domain, and ui.app2.com which is set to fill the parent/sub domains as well.

When I go to app1.contoso.com; 1Password provides both App1 and App2 in the list of autofill options in Chrome which isn't expected behavior. If I go to app2.contoso.com however, it provides only App2 as the suggested which is expected behavior. Going to ui.app2.com also provides only the 1 suggested entry as expected.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jpdied, thanks for taking the time to report this to us! Based on your description, it sounds as if you're running into a known issue at the moment. I've added your case to the list of affected users, and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused here. At the moment I'm not able to provide a timeline for a fix for this issue, however you can keep an eye on our release notes page for news on bugfixes and new features: 1Password Releases

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know 😄

ref: dev/core/core#20855

This discussion has been closed.