1Password on Flathub

Options
2»

Comments

• tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

Yet another reminder that this bug has been around for more than a year. If anyone cares, I'm a long time paying user of 1Password and I think Linux desktop users deserve something better than this.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @tunix, I apologize for our delayed response here. I've reached out to the relevant team to see if they can provide an update on this. I understand your frustration here and will pass your comments along.

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#17323

• okand
    okand
    Community Member
    Options

Around new years I installed 1password with flatpak on my steamdeck and since then the app has refused to update to the point that it is now broken. If I remove it and reinstall the flatpakref-file I keep getting an old version it seems. Instead of launching the app I just get a message box that says I've used a newer version of 1password on this device before.

• tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

It's May 5th. I don't want to count anymore. I deleted 1Password app from my desktop and continue just with the browser extension. Thank you for not solving this in a very long time.

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

When I am using my brother's Windows computer and open my 1Password account on it, I see changes that are not on my Linux computer with 1Password flatpak and I question if I should uninstall it, as updates never come or come too late, I have to open the terminal to check if I have a new update or just to update 1Password Flatpak, when other flatpak apps that are in the flathub repository are updated via the GNOME Software app.

This is a bit annoying for just keeping a single app up to date.

• dawnsonb
    dawnsonb
    Community Member
    Options

I also would love to install 1pw on my steam deck, please make it happen!

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

Having noticed the lack of a specific response regarding the publication of 1Password on Flathub, I would like to inquire whether it is possible for me to publish 1Password on Flathub while we await the readiness of the 1Password team to do it themselves.

cc @AliH1P

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

I have submitted a request for the publication of 1Password on Flathub.

https://github.com/flathub/flathub/pull/4303

I hope this will create some problem, if so let me know.

I love 1Password, I want to publish it on Flathub so that other users have the convenience of finding it on Flathub. I promise to keep it updated.

• tunix
    tunix
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for doing this @CharDSon

• CharDSon
    CharDSon
    Community Member
    Options

They cannot approve my publication due to limitations in the terms of use.

• alo
    alo
    Community Member
    Options

Just chiming in that I also wanted to install 1Password on my Steam Deck and came across this thread. I'm hoping we get official Discover Store support, but until then I suppose the web client is the only way to go.

• mstanke
    mstanke
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @AliH1P . Any update regarding 1Password in Flatpak updates, please?

• Hey @mstanke, I apologize for the delayed response. We don't have any updates regarding 1Password on Flatpak at this time. I'll be sure to reach out as soon as we have any news to share.

• boekelele
    boekelele
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand why 1Password pours effort in maintaining the Snap Store 1Password package (only relevant to Ubuntu users, and even then a large subset of them uses Flatpaks via Flathub instead) instead of publishing primarily on Flathub (the package store with the most momentum behind it, not to mention the one relevant to all other Linux distros).

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for an official 1PW Flatpak

• Hi @boekelele and @majortom,

I understand you wish to see 1Password for Linux as an official Flatpak on Flathub. I'll go ahead an pass along this feedback internally.

In the meantime, you can find the updated Flatpak install instructions here:

Franky