Temporarily share vault access to an employee

Options
TheRef28
TheRef28
Community Member

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to temporarily (ex. only for 24 h) grant access to a vault and at the end of the selected time period, have 1Password automatically revoke the access that was given to that specific vault.

Use case: Temporarily share a vault to an employee that needs access to a vault to replace an absent coworker without permanently giving him access to the vault or having to manually delete the access once this coworker comes back to the office.

Thanks
Alex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @TheRef28, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

Vault access can be shared and revoked at the discretion of the vault manager, account owner, or administrator (if they have the proper management permission for that vault). Setting a sharing duration isn't currently possible for vaults; they will need to manually revoked requiring action from someone. You can temporarily share individual items for as little as 24 hours using the secure item sharing feature.

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

If you have any additional information about your case for temporarily assigning vault access, I'd be happy to pass this along as a feature request to the rest of the team for consideration. This will help us better understand and address this in the future.

• TheRef28
    TheRef28
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_max . Thanks for your response. What you described is what I noticed in the app.

If you could let me know how I can log a feature request, I would be more than happy to provide all needed details. I'm sure the community would also benefit from this option.

Regards
    Alexis

• ag_max
    edited May 2023
    Options

Perfect, I appreciate the confirmation. I'll go ahead and share this internally. Thanks for taking the time to bring this up.

ref: pb-33371349

This discussion has been closed.