Selecting ‘password’ prompt at a sign in brings up Authenticator and iCloud Keychain menu

Options
westy
westy
Community Member

When I go to sign in to a site or app on my iphone I get presented with the ‘password’ button to select. I pick that but instead of 1password coming up a menu with ‘Authenticator’ and ‘icloud keychain’ appears from the bottom of the screen. This didn’t used to happen, so I’m guessing it’s a configuration I have changed by accident but I can’t find out what. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.7.5
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Selecting ‘password’ prompt at a sign in brings up Authenticator and iCloud Keychain menu

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @westy! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't appearing when you try to sign in to an app or website on your iPhone. As a first step, I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select any other password managers listed here.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• westy
    westy
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi Dave, Thanks for the quick reply. You got it in one! Not sure when I changed the settings but it was on for authenticator and not for 1password. Changed and sorted.

Thanks again.
    Richard.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.