How to change my own email address?

Options
ulbn
ulbn
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have about 120 different websites saved - each with different passwords, not 2 with the same password…
I am going to change my own ”primary” email address within the next three months I reckon…
Do I have to manually change on each and every regitred website I have in 1Password?…it will take a few weeks probably, or can I simplify that process somehow? For some time (3 months I probably (?) have to keep/maintain the ”old” email address…not delete it too soon??)
I would be very grateful for advise and recommendations!!
/B

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Monterey
Browser:_ standardMac
Referrer: forum-search:How to change my own email address?

Comments

• Hey @ulbn,

I would recommend changing the email you have saved within the item on 1Password at the same time as you update it on the website itself. When you enter your new email on the website you should see 'Save in 1Password' appear beneath the field and then you can select the dropdown at the top of the save window to update your existing item.

There is no way to bulk update an email address for multiple items in 1Password but also you wouldn't want to do this before updating it on the website itself as you then wouldn't be able to use 1Password to sign in.

I hope this helps.

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there and many thanks for a quick and workable reply….
    The 1Pwd support is as always fast and useful…reliable and accurate…
    I will be back if I run into troubles…
    I Luv’ ya’!😘
    B in northern Sweden, so far away!

• On behalf of Steph, you're most welcome, @ulbn! Thanks for the love and kind words! If you run into any trouble, we'll be around. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.