Store membership QR code in 1Password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: "Show as QR code" option for passwords on the app?.

Comments

• quattrop
    quattrop
    Community Member
    Options

Dear 1Password team,

It would be great to have this feature!
    A membership of mine requires me to check in by showing the membership QR code each time I show up (often). They do not have a proprietary app, so the only way for me is to browse for a PDF or a picture stored on my phone (or use yet another generic app).
    If I store it in 1Password I always have to open the file… not that user friendly…
    It would be great to be able to store a field as QR code (and bar code for that matter) and have the entry showing up immediately the image when selecting the entry in the app.

BTW if I do not store it in 1Password I miss out also all the other 1Password functionalities (e.g. sharing with family members the membership, as mine in this case can be shared).

What do you think?

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @quattrop! 👋

I've split your comment into a new thread since the feature that you're requesting is a little different from the original discussion.

I can definitely see how a better way to store memberships would be useful and I've passed along your feedback to our Product team for consideration. In the meantime, you can upload a picture of the QR code for your membership as a Document item in 1Password and then favourite that item. Once favourited, you can quickly access the item from 1Password's Home screen on your phone:

Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-33389766

• quattrop
    quattrop
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave for the tips. Meanwhile I’ll be marking the membership as favourite to get a faster access to the we-code within the stored picture.

Thank you for picking up this feature request further.

I have to say that I’m quite surprised that this feature has never been implemented: there are plenty of memberships (particularly the surfer markets ones) that provide a code bar (or nowadays a QR code). To have them visually displaying directly in the item (it’s just an encoded number/string) is definitively a handy thing.

Thanks again,
    Cheers

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.