How long can 1Password 8 be used offline?

Options
STFLX
STFLX
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Windows

Hello 1Password Team,
Hello 1Password Community,

I recently upgraded from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8 (Windows/iOS). 1Password 7 allows the use of local password vaults whereas 1Password 8 is cloud-based - with a local cache copy of the password vault(s). I have a question about this:

• How long can 1Password 8 be used offline?

I.e. what interests me is in which time intervals (e.g. days) is a cloud synchronization necessary or is the subscription status checked?

Note: I already looked for answers via search engine and here in the forum, but I did not find anything; maybe I am missing the right search terms.

Thank you very much for your efforts in advance.

Best regards,
STFLX

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How long can 1Password 8 be used offline?

Comments

• Hello @STFLX,

Thanks for your question. As mentioned, your locally stored cache includes the data from your 1Password account as of the last time you connected to 1Password.com. It can be used offline indefinitely. However, any changes made to items on either your PC or iOS device will not sync to 1Password.com (and out to the other devices using the account). We recommend using 1Password online on a regular basis to ensure the accurate syncing of items across all devices and to check for updates to the application.

I hope this helps but please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.