Search bar - switch from "Family" to "Private"

Options
mkresnick
mkresnick
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Windows

Why does my search bar only show family? How can I switch to search in Private? Also - another issue - can I change the frequency that I have to type in my password? I seem to have to do this ALL the time.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Why does my search bar only show family? How can I switch to search in Private?

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @mkresnik!

Why does my search bar only show family? How can I switch to search in Private?

By default, searching in 1Password 8 is account wide. However, you can use search filters to search within a specific vault. The easiest way to do this is by clicking on a vault, category, or tag, in the sidebar, and pressing Ctrl + F, to automatically enter the relevant search filter into the search bar. Alternately, you can manually type a search filter yourself (for example =vault:Private or =category:Credit Card). Type your search term after the search filter, and hit Ctrl + Enter to show all matching results. You can learn more about this in our support guide linked below:

Also - another issue - can I change the frequency that I have to type in my password? I seem to have to do this ALL the time.

It sounds as if your auto-lock settings may need adjusting to better meet your needs. When using the 1Password desktop app alongside the browser extension, you can adjust your auto-lock settings in the app, and the changes will apply to both:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, click 1Password near the top, and unlock if prompted.
    2. In the top left, next to the word 1Password, click ⋮ > Settings > Security.

There you will find two settings under the Auto-lock heading:

• Lock 1Password when computer locks - here you can choose whether 1Password will lock when you lock Windows.
    • Lock after the system is idle for - here you can specify the number of minutes of inactivity before 1Password will lock, from 1 minute - never.

Additionally, you may find it helpful to set up Windows Hello unlock, which allows you to unlock 1Password using your face, fingerprint, or a PIN code, instead of your account password:

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, let me know!

This discussion has been closed.