Is there a way to automatically hit "enter" after selecting the credentials to use?

Options
holguins
holguins
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Mac

I read the discussion about this not being possible from Mojave onwards due to a limitation from Apple:
https://1password.community/discussion/91194/how-do-i-get-1password-7-to-hit-enter-after-it-enters-my-login-password-to-a-website

I recently migrated from another password manager solution where this auto-enter feature works in Monterey (12.X) and Ventura (13.X).
Is there a way to implement a feature to automatically enter the password (i.e. Not have to hit enter after I select my password from the listed credentials)?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.3
Browser:_ Firefox, Chrome and Edge

Comments

• Hi @holguins,

Thanks for following up about this and welcome to 1Password! If you haven't already, I recommend enabling auto-submit in the 1Password Mac app's settings and exploring Universal Autofill:

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

• holguins
    holguins
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Andrew, thank you for your reply. I just checked and I do have it enabled :)
    With this setting enabled, 1P should automatically send the credential?

• @holguins

When using Universal Autofill, yes.

• holguins
    holguins
    Community Member
    Options

I might be missing something, because it is not working. Do I need Ventura or am I good on Monterey?

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same issue. Universal autofill is enabled for me as well and it "fills" in the credentials nicely, but I still have to hit ENTER for them to be .... submitted. I believe that's the OP's question also.

• @hologuins @Mork

Can you confirm that you have a single entry for the site? Also, make sure you are using the autofill shortcut. The default is command \ unless you've modified it for your own use. Are you using Quick Access instead, by chance?

• holguins
    holguins
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried it on a site with a single entry (i.e. banking account) I use the autofill command and fills the password, but it does not automatically enter. Tried the same with quick access too. I confirmed I have accessibility permissions for 1Password.

• Thanks @holguins

Let's grab a diagnostic and get you over to my colleagues in mail support.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: holguins

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138057/is-there-a-way-to-automatically-hit-enter-after-selecting-the-credentials-to-use#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• holguins
    holguins
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, sorry for the delay.
    This is the support ID number I received #MTT-28797-339.

Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@holguins

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will take a look and send you a response as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: MTT-28797-339

This discussion has been closed.