Safari extension sync issues

Options
asportnoy
asportnoy
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

The latest TestFlight release says that it "fixed an issue where 1Password extension for Safari would not sync." However, I am experiencing this issue on the latest update. I was changing some site passwords using the extension and when I tried to save the updated passwords it generated, they didn't all reflect in the app (I think it was 50/50 whether or not it would actually update). I ended up having to reset some of them after the fact because the app didn't have the new password and the safari extension had reverted to the one in the app by the time I went to look there.

Also, the context menus in the extension are messed up. When I tap the password field to try and copy it, the menu appears for a second and then goes away before I can actually tap one of the options.

1Password Version: 8.10.7 (81007036) BETA
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 16.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @asportnoy! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when saving passwords in Safari. You mentioned that the issue occurs about 50% of the time, the next time that it occurs can you immediately check to see if the new password shows up in the extension?

Does this only occur for passwords that the extension generates and suggests for you? Or can you also reproduce the issue if you type in your own password and save that using 1Password in Safari?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hm, seemingly can't reproduce at all anymore, random or not. Tested using https://fill.dev/form/registration-email just now.

One of the sites I reset earlier and had the issue with was GitHub, but I don't really want to deal with resetting it again just to test.

• asportnoy
    asportnoy
    Community Member
    Options

And I did check earlier, the password does show up in the extension even when it didn't show up in the app.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@asportnoy

Thank you for the reply. The next time that the issue occurs please note the time when it occurs and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.