Why is the 1Password "|" logo appearing in every password textbox on every site in my browser?

Options

What is the purpose of that clickable icon? It doesn't actually do anything when I click on it. And in fact, since it overlays the site content, it is blocking us from using buttons and other items that are on the actual Web page. What is this logo doing there? How do I get rid of it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey @butgghcdg, the 1Password icon that appears in the fields on a website lets users know that they can use 1Password to save or fill from those fields. If you have a login saved for a website, clicking on the 1Password icon in the login fields on that website would display your login. If you select that login, it will fill the fields for you.

If you do not have a login saved for a website, you can fill out the login fields and then you would get a suggestion from 1Password to save that information. After saving it, you would get the behavior above.

We have a guide here that goes over how all that and more works: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

As a note, the overlay that you're referring to is known as the inline menu. If the inline menu pops up in a place where it should not (such as via a field that you'd not fill), please let us know about it so we can report the issue to our developers.

That said, if the inline menu shows up correctly but interferes with your normal workflow, it can be dismissed with the following actions:

• Press ESC on your keyboard.
    • Click on a blank area in the page to remove focus from the field.
    • Click the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to toggle it off.

It's also possible to keep the inline menu from automatically appearing and to turn it off completely. If you are interested in one of those options, please let me know and I can provide steps on how to do it. Some users do prefer that, which I understand. However, the steps to save and fill without the inline menu would take a bit more time to complete, which is the drawback.

This discussion has been closed.