sorting out dropbox keychains

waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member
edited February 2013 in iOS

When I upgraded from 1P 3.8 to 3.9 on my OsX machines i inadvertently produced a problem because the dropbox folder wasn't in the default location on one machine. that meant one machine was synching to dropbox and the other to iCloud or something else (who knows.) I discovered the problem when I changed the login to a website on one machine and the change didn't show up on the other.
I fixed that problem by using the dropbox ap to move the folder back to the default location.

But when i asked 1P to start using dropbox on that machine it happily created a 1p folder in dropbox and put its keychain there, ignoring the 1pkeychain in the dropbox root directory. That meant there were 2 1P keychains in dropbox - one in the root folder, the other in the 1P folder. I didn't think that would work.

I think I fixed that by turning dropbox on and off on the other machine causing it to use the keychain in the 1P folder (and also creating a backup keychain in that folder.)

Now the challenge - how to get the iOS devices (iPhone and IPad) to synch with the proper keychain on dropbox.

Does turning dropbox synch on and off on the iOs device point it to the proper keychain, and how can I be sure?

I understand this is all in the name of sandboxing and security, but a roadmap would have been helpful. I hope I am not walking into quicksand here.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please be sure that you only have one data file in your Dropbox folder. You can easily check which one is active in 1Password's preferences on your Mac. The path is listed on the General pane. You can also compare the Modified date for the data files in Finder to see which one has been updated more recently.

Archive the inactive data file.

Turn off Dropbox syncing in 1Password for iOS and then turn it back on again.

That should get you going. If not, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac so we can better assist you: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your report in the forums, but please do be sure to include a link to this thread in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

Thanks!

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.