Feature request: Quick password generate-and-share in windows app, without saving

Options
Sandervz
Sandervz
Community Member

In some of our businesses applications i have to create new users, set a password for them and send the password to the new user.
I do want to generate a unique and complex password for them to save in their vault. I do want to share a note or an 1password item with them, without saving the password/account in my own vault

Steps;

• Generate password (1password 4 had this!) and copy to clipboard
  • Allow me to complete the creation of my colleague in the other application
  • Provide my a opportunity to share the previously generated password securly with my coworker without having to save, share, email and delete the item from within my personal vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• bjarvis
    bjarvis
    Community Member
    Options

plus 1 to this. An easy way to generate passwords with various lengths and complexities that can be copied to a clipboard

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Sandervz thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here! I've gone ahead and filed a feature request on your behalf with our product team, including all of the details on your particular use case 😄

ref: 33436104

@bjarvis, thanks for weighing in on this as well! Could you tell me a little more about your use case here? For example, in what type of situations would you make use of this feature? Are you looking for an item-independent password generator where you could quickly generate and then manually copy the password over, or are you looking for something closer to what the original post describes, including a secure way to share this password with someone else as well? The more detail you can provide, the better, as this will allow us to understand your needs and file a more detailed feature request for you.

• bjarvis
    bjarvis
    Community Member
    Options

same use case as original poster -

Steps;

• Generate password (1password 4 had this!) and copy to clipboard
    • Allow me to complete the creation of my colleague in the other application
    • Provide me an opportunity to share the previously generated password securely with my coworker without having to save, share, email and delete the item from within my personal vault.
  • 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @bjarvis, thanks for letting me know! I've filed your feedback with our product team as well. If you have any further suggestions or questions, let us know 😄

ref: 33471409

This discussion has been closed.