2 FAS not working with chrome extension

Options
KathyBu
KathyBu
Community Member

Hello
2 FAS doesn't work on my Windows 11 machine. I read somewhere that this is normal for 1Password once the app has been opened 1x using the 2 FAS.
I would like to be able to use the 2 FAS each time the app is opened in case my computer is stolen or lost during travels.
Hopefully, you can help.

Thank you,
Kathy Bu

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 5.0.1
OS Version: win Pro 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:2 FAS not working with chrome extension

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @KathyBu! This does sound like the expected behaviour here. 1Password will only prompt you for 2FA once per device, and after this it will store your 2FA token and you won't be prompted for it again. This is because 1Password's defences primarily come from encryption, not authentication.

If you would like 1Password to request 2FA the next time you unlock it on a particular device, you can follow the steps below:

1. Click the following link, and sign in to your account: 1Password.com
    2. In the top right corner, click your name, then My Profile.
    3. Locate your device in the Trusted Devices list, and click on the cog icon next to it.
    4. Click Require 2FA on Next Sign-in.
      • Alternately, clicking Deauthorize Device on the same menu will completely purge your account from the selected device.

Additionally, I would recommend taking a look through our guide on what to do if your device is lost or stolen:

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, let us know 😄

This discussion has been closed.