1Password was great in 2005. Now it's beyond great.

Options
Tom Harrison
Tom Harrison
Community Member

I just started a new job, so need to add 32422 new credentials. My former company used 1P, so it was easy there, but the new company is using that tried-and-true password in a spreadsheet method, and maybe didn't quite get all of the ones they need written down ... we've all been there, right?

But hey, that's better than ... what's that other tool people seem to use a lot? LostPass or something? OMG, had to use that in one company until all the engineers rebelled and we switched to 1P -- it was shockingly bad. Someone told my poor sister to use LastPass and she arrived at my house in tears recently, thinking she had lost all of her passwords. I spent several hours trying to figure out that product and finally just bought her a copy of 1Password, showed her how to set it up and now she's thrilled.

So as I get set up in my new company, I have been playing with the new CLI options, SSH key feature, and all the rest of the features. I have proposed 1P Teams and they said they're frustrated with password managers. Guess which one they tried.

At my last company, we were trying to decide how to manage secretes in a large K8S system -- AWS Param store? Secrets? Hashicorp Vault? Bitnami sealed secrets? All have their issues. In the end, they were going to use 1P because it's what they already use for all other secrets, and everyone knows how to use it and it's secure, and great.

I don't often feel the desire to gush praise on a software company, because so often companies decide that it's just time to start making money and the marketing department takes over and the product starts fading over time. But Dave and crew at 1P just seem to keep innovating, building a sustainable business model (I hope you're all surviving this tech downturn), and creating products that are useful both for "normal people" like my sister who "hates computers" and systems and devops engineers who do battle with computers every day. Today as I solve yet another problem with new features of 1P, I do feel the need to gush. (In fact: I am here because I was going to ask a question about what appears to be a bug, then realized I hadn't updated in a few days, and when I did, poof -- bug gone :-)

Thank you all for making our world a bit safer.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.18.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:sign_and_send_pubkey

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Tom Harrison! 👋

Thank you so much for the very kind words. It really means a lot coming from someone who has been part of the community and using 1Password for such a long time.

I shared your comments internally with the team on Friday and your feedback really raised everyone's spirits. It's always nice to hear that the team's hard work is making a difference and helping folks such as yourself.

If you have any feedback or suggestions about how 1Password can be ever better in the future then please don't hesitate to share. We hope to keep your trust for many years to come. 😊

-Dave

(P.S. I'm not Dave the founder, just another Dave who also works at 1Password. I wanted to mention that since you spoke about Dave.)

This discussion has been closed.