Error: "You've used a newer version of 1Password on this device."

Options

Comments

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

Error msg when installing "You used a newer version....."

I am annoyed today with this stupid error, I need to know how to fix this issue and I need to know know, I can't get into my passwords and this is not what was promoted to our organization before we switched.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Cyberjunky

I'm sorry that you're running into the issue as well. Our support team can help you resolve this, please use the following instructions to send in a diagnostics report:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the menubar at the top of the screen.
    3. Click Go To Folder...
    4. In the new pop-up that appears paste: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data and then press return on your keyboard.
    5. Right-click on the folder titled logs and select Compress "logs".

Attach the newly created logs.zip file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

these instructions makes no sense to me, I am on a Windows 10 machine and I have no idea what yo are looking for here.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Cyberjunky

On a Windows PC, you can find the logs by following these steps instead:

1. Click the Start menu and enter %LOCALAPPDATA% into the search field and press Enter.
    2. In the Explorer window that opens, open the 1Password folder.
    3. Right-click the logs folder and "Compress to ZIP file".
    4. Attach that .zip file to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread and your username.

When we've received those logs, one of the team will reply to you as soon as they can.

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

I can't get in, I need to get into my passwords, finding logs is one thing I am completely disabled her. Provide me with a way to get in please.

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Cyberjunky

I've split your comment, and our responses to you, into a new thread in the Windows category. The other thread is dedicated specifically to the 1Password for Mac app. For 1Password on a Windows PC, please see the instructions that Grey posted above.

-Dave

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

Easy solution, delete the desktop app, I am in now

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

The desktop app is causing the issue, won't be installing that again

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

The browser extension works, the desktop app is causing the issue. Once I deleted the desktop app I can get into the 1password vaults.

• Hello again @Cyberjunky - thanks for the update. We're happy to hear 1Password in the browser is working for you.

With regard to the desktop app, we'd still be interested in looking in to the logs from 1Password for Windows, when you have a moment, I've included the instructions from Grey's post below:

1. Click the Start menu and enter %LOCALAPPDATA% into the search field and press Enter.
    2. In the Explorer window that opens, open the 1Password folder.
    3. Right-click the logs folder and "Compress to ZIP file".
    4. Attach that .zip file to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread and your username.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

Logs attached and email sent thank you.
    Can you please tell me what is the cause of his issue?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Cyberjunky, thanks for letting us know that you've emailed in. You should receive a response to your email with a Support ID number. Could you let me know what it is, so we can connect the dots here? Thanks!

• Cyberjunky
    Cyberjunky
    Community Member
    Options

Error: "You've used a newer version of 1Password on this device."

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Cyberjunky, thanks for your response! Your support ID should look something like [#ABC-12345-678] - could you let me know what this is, so we can link your post here with the email you had sent in?

This discussion has been closed.