Saving a passkey creates a bunch of new website/URL fields

Options

I really hope it's just a bug in the beta version. If this is intentional, it could get really annoying. I really don't want to save a passkey, open the desktop app, edit, remove all newly created trash URLs.

Examples:

The best solution would be to let the user edit a URL while saving a passkey.

If that's not possible, maybe hide all of the additional URLs in the same field.

Normally you only see domain.com, and then clicking expand would show other URLs (if they are necessary at all).

Example:

domain.com
---domain.com/817423789463
---domain..com/login/789234zh87t

Sorry for being nitpicky, I really like the implementation of the passkeys overall (seems very fast), but I also absolutely hate any visual clutter. I've spent a lot of time making my 1Password vault look nice a clean, so hopefully, you will understand the reason for my post :)

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ambasadagavioli! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue, it definitely isn't the intended behaviour here and I'm sorry for the confusion. Our developers already have an internal work item open to investigate this further so that we can prevent website fields from being duplicated in certain situations when using passkeys.

We appreciate that you're using the beta version of 1Password and helping us iron out these quirks in the beta experience so that we can make passkeys work smoothly for everyone. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22252

This discussion has been closed.