Family Plan with family in different countries

Options
OldsKris
OldsKris
Community Member

Hi - I am seriously considering getting a Family Plan but have two questions (and I have never used a password manager before so apologies if I sound confused). First, can I pay for a family plan in the US and have my son and his wife, who live in the UK, added to my family plan? Second, I am assuming that all five family members only get access to each person's passwords when we want to permit them to be shared. Is this how 1Password works? I would not want all five of us to have access to all of our respective passwords as that would be too messy (given how many we have).
Thanks for any advice you can share! ~Kris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Leah1P
    Options

Hey, @OldsKris!

First, can I pay for a family plan in the US and have my son and his wife, who live in the UK, added to my family plan?

Absolutely! One thing to keep in mind, if you create a family account from 1Password.com (using the US domain), your wife and son will also need to create their accounts (once invited) under the same domain and not under the EU domain.

Second, I am assuming that all five family members only get access to each person's passwords when we want to permit them to be shared. Is this how 1Password works?

Every member of the family account starts with two vaults: their own Private vault and the Shared vault. Each member's Private vault lets them store their own personal items which only they will be able to access and change. All members of the family account have access to the Shared vault — a place where you can store items you want everyone to have access to.

• OldsKris
    OldsKris
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much, Leah1P!

• @OldsKris,

Be sure let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can help you with! 😀

This discussion has been closed.