Feature Request: Configurable default visibility behaviour for new vaults in browser extensions

Options
TechSolvers
TechSolvers
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Our team uses vaults extensively (we currently have 50) which are used in dedicated browser profiles running the 1password browser extension (Edge)... ie profile 1 has vault 1 visible only, profile 2 has vault 2 visible only etc. This allows us to jump into dedicated profiles for a given requirement where only the logins we want to be visible are presented immediately via the 1password extension. This works great... except for when a new vault is added.

When ever a new vault is added, the current default behaviour is to make the new vault visible in every browser extension instance. This means everyone in our team is manually updating their extensions to exclude the new vault. When theres already 50 profiles with 50 vaults and we're adding new vaults every week, this means we're perpetually having to update preferences to exclude the new vaults where they are not wanted.

I would like to have the ability to configure the browser extension default visibility behaviour for new vaults so that newly added vaults can be set to either be visible or not visible. This would mean no change in behaviour for most users, but will allow users that need this configurability to reduce the overhead of newly added vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @TechSolvers,

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide this level of detail on your specific use case I can totally see where you are coming from.

I have filed a request along with your suggest on how we can improve this behaviour for our product team to consider in a future update.

In the meantime please stay up to date with the latest versions of 1Password for all of our new features and fixes and let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB33539272

This discussion has been closed.