How to use 1Password to keep track of "login with…" selections on different sites and apps?

Options
scott2023
scott2023
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!

A bane of my existence is the trend for websites and apps to now offer multitudes of login options — e.g. "login with Google" or "login with Apple" etc.

99% of the time, I login using boring old email and password — because this is easiest for me to track in 1Password.

But, for the 1% of websites/apps that have fooled me into authenticating via some other service (Google/Apple/GitHub…), how can I use 1Password to remember how I logged in?

Sorry I don't even know how to phrase this question (or what to search for) as I don't know what to call this phenomenon (besides annoying proliferation of login options). :)

I'm using 1Password on Mac (Safari, mostly) and iOS (Safari, mostly, and other apps).

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Mac OS 13.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:How to use 1Password to keep track of "login with…" selections on different sites and apps

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @scott2023! 👋

1Password can help with that! We've recently added support for sign-in providers such as Apple, Github, Google, and more. You can read more here: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers

Let me know if you have any questions once you've given that article a look over. 🙂

-Dave

• scott2023
    scott2023
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Dave_1P! "sign-in providers". See, now I know what to search for next time! :)

I see the note that this isn't supported in Safari:

If you use 1Password for Safari on a Mac or iOS device, you won't be able to save or update logins in your browser that use sign-in providers, but you can use 1Password to sign in to websites with logins you saved in a supported browser or app.

That's OK. Hopefully it will be supported sometime in the future. Thanks!

• Hi @scott2023,

It's great to hear you're interested! We're hoping to bring the full functionality of this feature to 1Password for Safari soon, but I'm unable to provide an exact timeframe at this moment.

• scott2023
    scott2023
    Community Member
    Options

@david.m_1P thanks, that's great news.

• Hey @scott2023,

On behalf of David, you are most welcome.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.