Log in to desktop applications such as SSMS, SQL Developer, ssh and remote desktop

Options
danim
danim
Community Member

It seems I cannot connect to SQL Server Manager o SQL Developer on Windows to 1Password.
I am prompted by the target application for a server name, user and password, but I tried using the Ctrl + \ key and it does not autofill my passwords.
How is 1Password used with Windows desktop application?
It works great on sites, but I am unsure if it works with native applications.

1Password Version: .10.15
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 11 22H2
Browser:_ Chrome 112

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @danim! While 1Password 8 for Windows is able to fill logins in your browser, there's no way to fill in apps directly. However, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Space and use the Quick Access menu to locate the relevant login.

From there you can click the to the right of the login item, and choose to copy and paste the details over. Alternately, click Open Item In New Window or press Ctrl + O to open the login in a new window where you can either drag and drop your details across, or click on the dropdown arrow to the right of any of your credential fields and select Type in window, then choose one of your currently open windows, in order to have 1Password type your credentials there.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, let us know! 😄

• tapuleo
    tapuleo
    Community Member
    Options

Wow! Ctrl + Shift + Space is great. I didn't know that existed and I've been using 1Password for a year. I'll be using this all the time now. Excellent tip.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @tapuleo! I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying the Quick Access feature 😄

This discussion has been closed.