Can't fill username or passwords automatically

Options
bwaldron
bwaldron
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

On my imac in Safari I deleted some history in Safari and since then Safari won't auto fill my websites. Can you tell me what I need to do? After I deleted Safari history I got a message saying 1password was corrupted .
Currently 1 password will open and my passwords etc are still visible but I need to manually enter them. Thank you

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac 13.4
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:1password won't autofill passowrds or usernames

Comments

• Hey @bwaldron,

I’d like to provide some detail on the message you are seeing in Safari. When you clear Safari’s history, or other settings in the browser it may trigger the error message as you have seen. In Safari, the indexedDB data of 1Password for Safari, which contains all the settings and processes to establish 1Password’s functionality, also gets wiped out when Safari clears cache/history. This behaviour can also happen it you have “Block all cookies” enabled under Safari’s Settings > Privacy tab.

You should be able to close the tab and continue to use 1Password as you normally would or failing that if you restart Safari does this get things back on track?

You can find out some more information here: If you see "The 1Password browser extension needed to restart"

Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.