Invite back former members as guests

Options
geoffharcourt660
geoffharcourt660
Community Member

Hi,

We have a frequent scenario that happens in our organization where someone who had been a full-time employee converts to a part-time contractor or returns after a period of time away to do some contracting work. We only have these contractors set up using Guest accounts because the access they need is very limited. After setting up the SCIM bridge I tried to invite one of these former full members to be a guest (with the same email they had before, preferably we want access to be uninterrupted) and got an error that they already have an account.

I can't un-suspend the accounts for these users, so I'm not sure how we can allow them to have Guest access. Is there a workaround we can use?

Thanks,
Geoff

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @geoffharcourt660 ,

Thank you for writing in. Its true having SCIM bridge setup, you can only invite the users through your Identity provider(Idp).
    With member already existing(no matter any state) on account, you can not have same user as guest with the same email.
    You may first remove such users from Idp in order to suspend and delete them in 1Password account. Later you can invite them as Guest manually by Email. I will recommend this support post to refer for your actions.

You will not be able to manage such guest users through Idp of course as they are not provisioned by SCIM.
    You can certainly manage them manually.

This discussion has been closed.