Safari extension is not picking up updated password during autofill

Options

Recently updated a few passwords in 1Password, however, the safari extension is unable to pick up the newly updated password during autofill. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, but no luck.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension does not update password

Comments

• Hey @hypersonics,

Can you let me know where it is you updated the passwords?

Do you mean that the data in your 1Password app is not syncing with your 1Password browser extension?

If you lock and unlock 1Password in your browser this should force a sync, does this help at all?

• hypersonics
    hypersonics
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles, the data in 1password app seems to be not in sync with browser extension.

I will try unlocking via browser and see if that helps and report back.

Thank you

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    Options

This problem has been going on for a very long time. The only solution I found was to go into Safari Setting --> Extensions and un-check 1 Password then turn it back on. This seems to force it to sync.

• steph.giles
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey @hypersonics, @lysander,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you give these steps a try to resync your extension with our servers:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how you get on!

• hypersonics
    hypersonics
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles the procedure that you have outlined worked. However, not for one website, which is my banking. Not sure why this is the case though.

• Thanks for getting back to me @hypersonics.

Can you confirm that you can see your banking item in your desktop app but not in your 1Password browser extension? If you sign in to your account on 1Password.com, do you see it here?

• hypersonics
    hypersonics
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles

Long story short, no issues with 1Password.

With my banking website, the maximum allowable password length is only 16 characters, but I recently changed the password and in doing so I used 30 characters long without realising that it has only taken the first 16 characters without complaining. This explains when 1Password was auto filing it was dumping all those 30 characters correctly and my bank site was refusing to log me in. Instead when I copied and pasted the password from 1Password, the password field only took the first 16.

• @hypersonics

I appreciate you coming here to let us know about the situation. Not everyone does. I'm happy to hear you could resolve your troubles.

• hypersonics
    hypersonics
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy no worries, mate!

• @hypersonics, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.