Every time I invoke 1Password in app on iOS I have to login. I have face ID activsate

Options
pmanuel
pmanuel
Community Member

I can be logged in to 1Password with Face ID active but if I need to authorise 1Password on a web page or in an app I have to repeatedly login again.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.5
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Login required every time on iOs

Comments

• pmanuel
    pmanuel
    Community Member
    Options

I can be logged in to 1Password with Face ID active but if I need to authorise 1Password on a web page or in an app I have to repeatedly login again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @pmanuel! 👋

Thank you for the question! When you say that you have to "login again" do you mean that you have to unlock 1Password before you can fill your username/password into another app or website?

If that's the case then this behaviour is currently by design: when you fill a login using Password AutoFill you'll always have to unlock 1Password first. By turning on Face ID you can unlock 1Password using your face rather than having to type in your account password each time.

When it comes to filling logins into websites you can use 1Password for Safari instead which stays unlocked for longer: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

If I misunderstood the issue then please let me know. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19987

• pmanuel
    pmanuel
    Community Member
    Options

I have been following the suggestions you have made. However after initially unlocking 1Password for Safari, I could log in to a site using autofill. But if I logged out of that site then immediately attempted to login back in I would have unlock 1Password for Safari again, and yes I have Face ID turned on.

I have now deleted and re-installed the 1Password app and this seems to have restored the expected behaviour. I will continue to monitor the issue.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@pmanuel

Thank you for the reply. Let me know if the issue returns and I'll be happy to help further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.