Passkeys not working on Virgin Media

Options

Comments

• andeke07
    andeke07
    Community Member
    Options

In the UK, Virgin Media has passkeys support but I have not been prompted to save it in to 1Password - I have tried on Chrome (Windows and Mac) as well as Edge (Windows) using the Beta extension on all of them.

For what it's worth, Virgin is using Ping for Passkeys support.

• logiclabs
    logiclabs
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Virgin Media only supports Windows Hello or phone/tablet login for passkeys. If you have Windows Hello setup, Virgin Media will detect it and use it as a passkey. Guessing it won't work with 1Password until they allow browser native passkey support.

• andeke07
    andeke07
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @logiclabs - interesting. It supports Passkeys with Safari on my Mac so I thought it might extend to other browsers as well. Thanks!

• Hi @andeke07

I hope you have been enjoying saving and signing in with passkeys from 1Password into the services you use! @logiclabs is correct in pointing out that Virgin Media is only supporting certain platforms currently to create passkeys, and our testing seems to have shown that this is only working in those platforms' default browsers.

Safari on macOS and iOS can save passkeys from Virgin Media as expected, so can Chrome on Android, but saving doesn't seem to work in other browsers currently and Windows support is very iffy. In our testing, my colleague couldn't get Virgin Media to recognize any passkey provider working on Windows in Chrome and Edge, not even Windows Hello.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@jac.pd_1p Could it be the same problem with Zoho? It's listed in the passkey directory, but on Windows when I try to set it up the screen fades a bit and nothing happens.

• @loggor

Zoho seems to be a different issue than the one above and has already been escalated to the development team to investigate further. It looks like there might be a communication hiccup between Zoho sending the passkey request and 1Password presenting the prompt to you to register the passkey, so we hope to have an update on that in a future update. Luckily this was caught during the Open Beta 😅

ref: dev/core/core#22277

This discussion has been closed.