Not loving 1Password 8 - Please put items counts BACK (as they were in 1Password 7) in the sidebar.

Options
jasontanner
jasontanner
Community Member

Hi,

I recently got around to upgrading a windows machine to 1Password 8 from 1Password 7 and I'm not liking the dumbed down, simplified UI.

Most striking loss is the item counts in the side bar.

Yes, I've seen the 1.5 year old post about switching to a nightly build to have the privilege of having an item count, way down at the bottom on the list pane for a side bar item but that sucks. Depending on the length of the list and the view port size, the amount of scrolling required to get to the bottom of a list in order to see simple count that was previously available .. at a glance .. in the side bar is not what I would call a "modern" advance in an upgrade to the UI.

As it has been at least 1.5 years since the post where people complained and the issue still hasn't been resolved it seams it is not a priority and likely not going to happen.

In which case, How can I rollback and downgrade to 1Password 7 so I can get its full feature goodness back ?

Kt.

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jasontanner, thanks for reaching out with your feedback, and apologies for the delay in response here! I've filed a feature request on your behalf with our product team regarding adding item counts in the sidebar in 1Password 8. If you have any additional feedback or suggestions regarding the UI in 1Password 8, let me know, and I'll be happy to pass it along to the team as well 😄

In the meantime, a quicker way to see item counts (rather than having to scroll to the bottom of the item list) is by clicking the sorting button at the top of the item list. The item count of your currently viewed vault, category, or tag, will be displayed as shown below:

It's important to note that 1Password 7 is no longer supported, and won't be receiving any new features, only critical security updates. As such, we wouldn't recommend rolling back unless this is a complete deal breaker for you.

ref: 33242344

• jasontanner
    jasontanner
    Community Member
    Options

That’s ok. I want to go back to the version that hasn’t had the features I want removed. I don’t consider that to be an “upgrade”.

How do I do that?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jasontanner, thanks for letting me know that this is a deal breaker for you. To revert back, you can uninstall 1Password 8 from Add or remove programs, and then download and install 1Password 7 from the bottom right hand side of our downloads page, beneath the Using an older computer? heading: Download 1Password for Windows

• Mousit
    Mousit
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem I'm.. super hoping you meant to say you added Jason's name to the existing feature request. Considering that I've personally made the "Item Count in Sidebar" request three separate times in this forum, with the oldest being Feb 2022. And all three of my requests were "+1" replies to existing posts of other people making this very same request. There's several other threads requesting this specific thing too, that I hadn't replied in.

Dave has stated in at least a few of those threads that sidebar counts is an existing feature request. So I hope it really is.

The basicness and loss of functionality of the Sidebar, and much of the UI in 1P8, is likewise something that keeps me on 1P7 too.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Mousit

I can assure you that your feedback from previous threads has been passed along to the Product team. "Filed a feature request" means that a customer's request has been forwarded to the Product team for consideration and added to our internal tracker, it doesn't mean that it's the first time that such a request has been shared internally. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.