Question about reverting back to "Production" version

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

I currently have macOS (beta) version 8.10.8 installed and Safari (beta) Extension 2.12.0. I changed the macOS app back to "Production" and I know I have to wait until there is a production update for this change to occur. But, when that happens and the production version is installed, will it automatically install the production Safari extension? Or do I need to "Stop Testing" from within TestFlight?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @LarryMcJ

1Password and "1Password for Safari" are separate apps, so yes, you'll need to choose Stop Testing in TestFlight for "1Password for Safari" to allow it to reinstall the production version. The main 1Password app can manage itself, but because 1Password for Safari has to be managed by the App Store, it'll be TestFlight's responsibility in that case. :)

— Grey

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

I'm back to the production version of the Safari extension and I've "stopped testing" the macOS beta version in TestFlight. I'm hopeful I can uninstall the macOS beta version and then download/install the production version. (No, I won't use an uninstaller...I'll just drag the app to the trash) 🙂

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Please disregard...it worked just fine!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @LarryMcJ. Glad to hear it worked out. :)

Ben

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @Ben. Ultimately, I went ahead with a full (manual) uninstall, then reinstalled the production version.

• Ben
    Options

Fair enough. That'll work!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.