1Password 8 iOS App Transition Animation

Options
apanages
apanages
Community Member

Not sure if this is a bug or how it’s intended but the transition animation is a bit nauseating how it jumps around just to get back to the password screen you were looking at.

Example:

1. Open 1Password 8 iOS

2. Authenticate with FaceID

3. Tap the Watchtower icon at the bottom

4. Click on any Category like “Reused Passwords”

5. Now select one of your password items.

6. Now you are on the password “card/page” for that specific login.

7. Swipe out of the app so it’s running in the background.

8. Now re-launch the background 1Password App

9. The app will re-FaceID you to unlock.

10. Then it first shows the login item screen for the last password you were looking at. Then transitions back to the Watchtower page, then transitions to the list of logins, then transitions to the password/login page you were last looking at.

It will do this every single time you re-open the app when it’s running in the background. I would expect it to just go right to the last password login page I was looking at without all the pointless jumping around. You see it enough that it’s a bit nauseating. Especially when trying to change passwords and fix your watchtower report for multiple items from the iOS app.

Can this be fixed or at least have some option to turn off this jumping around transition in the app?

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @apanages! 👋

Thank you for the detailed report! Our developers do have an internal tracking item to look into improving this behaviour in the future and I've added your comments there.

We appreciate that you took the time to write in and help make 1Password better. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20251

This discussion has been closed.