Having to sign in multiple times between browser extension & 1Password 8 application

Options
5uck3rpunch
5uck3rpunch
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm on 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008028) & 1Password browser extension for Chrome Version 2.11.0 & Chrome Version 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (arm64), but this issue has been going on for months on older versions. I get to a website & see that the 1P browser extension has the little lock on it in the login & password fields of the site, so I click on the 1P extension icon at the top of Chrome. I click on the button that displays "Open 1Password & I am prompted to login to the 1P Mac application. I provide my password there & hit Return. I am then kicked back to the browser extension, where I am, again, prompted to login there also.
If I leave that website or click on another website, I have to repeat this whole process. It appears that 1P & the browser extension are not in sync ever. I have to do this multiple times in a short period of time. I have already uninstalled the 1P application & also the browser extension & have reinstalled them. The same issue persists.
I have the 1P application start at my Mac login. I have Mac Touch ID disabled. I have 1P Auto-lock set to lock on sleep, screen saver or switching users. Lock after computer is idle is set for 10 minutes, which this issue happens within a few seconds of a sign into the 1P app & extension. Connect with 1Password in the browser is enabled. I would be more than happy to send you the diagnostic files for 1P.
This needs to be fixed. I'm ready to quit using 1P on all of my devices & I have been with you for a long, long time, through many versions of this app through the years. The "Sign In With..." issue where that is persistent after you use it to login with Google, needs to also be fixed.
It's been a long time coming for me to finally get fed up enough to report these two issues. I'm at the end of my rope. Please feel free to email me about this issue. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @5uck3rpunch,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, it definitely sounds like 1Password may be having a hard time connecting with your browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• 5uck3rpunch
    5uck3rpunch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. Items captured & emailed.

• Thanks @5uck3rpunch, can you share your support ID here please?

• 5uck3rpunch
    5uck3rpunch
    Community Member
    Options

support ID:

[#SBR-56326-465]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@5uck3rpunch

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that you've already been contacted by one of my colleagues and they'll send you another email as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: SBR-56326-465

This discussion has been closed.