Correct Alphabetical Order? (Plus A Glitch With The App)

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

Hello, so I noticed that the 1Password app (which probably includes non-betas) has a different way of sorting tags alphabetically. It has something to do with capitalization. Here's an example where tag #1 = PIN and tag #2 = pass. In this example, PIN comes before pass, but it's expected that pass should come before PIN, even though pin is in all-caps. (Conversely, pass comes before pin.) I tried this out with items and as far as I can tell it's limited to tags. Am I missing something here? Small issue, but interesting.

Also, I've noticed in the latest TestFlight beta (listed in this post below), sometimes when returning to the app, the screen takes a few seconds to load and doesn't show the content (it might show the default screen when your 1Password account is new/empty). E.g. I'm in the "Items" screen, I exit the app for a short while, then return and the screen is essentially blank, as if there's nothing in my account. Then everything appears.

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.4 81004033, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: iOS 16.3.x
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @nimvio! 👋

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. Regarding tag sorting: are referring to the order of tags in the sidebar? Or in the suggestion menu that appears when you add a tag to an item? If it's the latter then the sorting is by frequency of use rather than alphabetical order.

Can you tell me if you still see the app loading issue when using the latest beta version of the 1Password for iOS app?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#8246

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P , sorry for the late response. I’m referring specifically to the Tag section under the Items screen. (In other words, not the tags that show up based on recent use.) What’s happening, and I don’t know if it’s intentional, but the capitalization of the letters of a tag affect the sorting, so that it’s ordered first based on capitalization, then alphabetically. “PIN” comes before “photo”, but “PHOTO” comes before “PIN”, or alternatively, “PIN” comes before “Photo”. Another example, using exact same letters… “PIN” comes before “pIN”. I’m sorry for the confusion, but if you play around with it, you might get a better sense.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nimvio

Thank you for the reply. Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? That would help me to better reproduce the issue. Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P , I'm not sure that my post about this is still relevant at this juncture, but basically I wondered about the thinking behind the ordering of the tags, based on capitalization. We could probably suspend this request/post, but I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond to our concerns.

This discussion has been closed.