Will 1PW transfer to my new Pixel 6a when the Xfinity store ports my data over?

Options
gmj
gmj
Community Member

The Xfinity store will port my Pixel 3a phone's data over to a new Pixel 6a. Will my 1 PW app go over to the new phone?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Regular Extension: 2.10.0
OS Version: 12 Android
Browser:_ Firefox & Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Will 1PW transfer to my new pixel 6a when someone in the Comcast/Xfinity store ports my data over?

Comments

• Hi @gmj thanks for writing in!

I'm not familiar with the process that Xfinity uses to transfer apps and data but generally speaking 1Password for Android can be transferred with app movers. So, I would anticipate that 1Password will be transferred to your new phone. However, I would recommend confirming you can sign in to your account on another device and that you have a copy of your Emergency Kit saved in case there are any issues transferring your apps.

Important to note, if you're using Biometric unlock with 1Password for Android you will likely need to reset this on the new phone. With this in mind, I would suggest confirming that you can unlock 1Password with your account password before transferring to the new device.

If you've noticed any sync issues with 1Password for Android or you're using a Primary vault synced with Dropbox, WLAN, local files or similar, additional steps may be required. If that's the case, send an email to support+android@1password.com with a description of the issue and a link to this forum page and we would be happy to assist further.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with!

• gmj
    gmj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your helpful reply!

I can sign in to 1PW on my MacBook. I do have the Emergency Kit saved as well.
    I'm not using a biometric unlock on my phone.

I can currently unlock 1PW on my phone with my password.
    I tested a few sites on my current Android phone and I can access them using 1PW.
    My Primary Vault is not synced with Dropbox, WLAN or local files.

Sounds like the transfer should work.
    I appreciate your thorough information!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@gmj On Timothy's behalf, you're very welcome. Enjoy your new phone! :)

This discussion has been closed.